- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Urologic Oncology
- Renal cancer
- Adrenal cancer
- Upper Tract Urothelial Cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Penile cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Minimally Invasive Urology
- Urologic Infection
- Andrology and Infertility
- Reconstructive Urology
- Female Urology
- Functional Urology
- Education and Training
- Pediatric Urology
- Urologic Emergency
- Submission open: 1 February 2019
- Submission deadline: 7 October 2019 (Extended)
- Announcement of results: within 2 weeks after submission
- Deadline for confirmation by authors: 15 October 2019
- Clinical, Basic & Translational Research
- Case Report
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Submission of abstracts should be done through the PUA 2019 website.
- Contact information of the presenting author should be provided before submission.
- The abstract must be clearly and concisely written.
- It should be written in English and must not exceed 500 words.
- Accuracy of typing, spellings, quotations and tabular material and correctness of grammar are the responsibilities of the author. Only standard abbreviations and symbols should be used. Laboratory slang, clinical jargon, localism and uncommon abbreviations should be avoided.
- The abstract should not contain figures and references.
- Generic names should be used for all drugs, with trade name indicated in parenthesis and used once only.
- For Clinical, Basic & Translational Research and Videourology entries, the abstract should include the following sections: Introduction and Objectives, Materials and Methods, Results, and Conclusion.For Case Report entries, the abstract should include the following sections: Introduction, Case Presentation, Discussion, and Conclusion.
Aside from the written abstract, Videourology entries must also include a copy of the video in MP4, MOV or AVI format and preferably in high-resolution quality. Length of video should not exceed 7 minutes which should include a narrative explaining the procedure also in English. Submit a copy of the video to [email protected] via Google Drive.
- Include 3 keywords that describe the content of the abstract.
- Review and selection of abstracts shall be done by the PUA Research Committee.
- Selected abstracts may be presented during the Plenary Session or during the Moderated Poster/Video Presentation. You will be informed about your designation through email once your abstract has been selected.
- The presenting author should be registered as an attendee of the convention on or before 15 October 2019 in order for the abstract to be included in the final program. An Abstract Code will be sent to you through email once your abstract has been selected. Submit this Abstract Code during your online registration.
- All selected abstracts will be published in the Philippine Journal of Urology (Supplement).
- The submitted abstracts may have been previously presented but not published as full papers in any peer reviewed journal before.
- Presentation should be in English.
- Detailed guidelines for presentation will be sent through email once abstract has been selected.
Note: If you have difficulty in submitting your abstract through the website, you may send it directly to [email protected].